④ Create your Workplan (Commitment)
After the confirmation of your business relationship you have to prepare a common work plan (commitment) together with your host entrepreneur and provide it to your IO.
The commitment has two objectives:
- It allows you to manage expectations from both new and host entrepreneurs; we strongly recommend to discuss this in a skype or telephone meeting.
- It allows intermediary organisations (IOs) and the European Commission to check, if the stay complies to the programme requirements, i.e. the commitment will be checked and approved from different parties.
The workplan covers the following aspects, as described in our template for the workplan (commitment)
Example questions to prepare skype meetings with the Host entrepreneur (HE):
- Which expectations does the HE have towards the relationship? (so that they can be addressed in the commitment)
- To what extent is the HE available during the week?
- How to balance the work on the own business plan and the contribution to the business of the HE?
- What are your own expectations, e.g. towards mentoring?
also to do…
- Consult the preparatory information of your target country
- Check, if you should get an additional language training or an intercultural training to be best prepared for the stay abroad